RetireWiki.jp is an English-language resource created by, and for residents of Japan covering all aspects of long-term residence and retirement in Japan.
The information here is provided by volunteers in good faith, but please remember this is content by random people on the internet.
We hope to provide a useful resource, but you should do your own due diligence.
Content and Purpose
This wiki is intended to be a reference and knowledge-base for all aspects of living in Japan long-term.
The wiki was published as a clean slate in early 2021.
Initial ideas for content:
- Savings for retirement: NISA (and Tsumitate NISA), iDeCo
- Stock Broker Guides: (SBI Securities / Rakuten Securities / Monex Securities)
- Japanese global index funds
- The Japanese pension system
- Combining the Japanese pension system with other countries' systems.
- Filing tax returns, or dealing with end of year tax adjustments.
- Health and Life Insurance.
- Furusato Nozei and the one-stop declaration system.
- Currency conversion
- Category:Country guides - information about Japanese residency unique to citizens and former-residents of other countries.
- Permanent Residency
- The Exit Tax
- My Number
If you are interested in contributing, please see RetireWiki.jp:Contributing.