My Number

Jump to navigation Jump to search

My Number (マイナンバー), officially "Individual Number" (個人番号 - kojin bangou), is a unique number assigned to every resident of Japan for tax and social security purposes.

The 12-digit My Number also acts as a Tax Identification Number (TIN) internationally[1]. Those with savings or investments outside of Japan will ordinarily be required to declare their residency in Japan and their Japanese TIN.

See Also


  1. Information on Tax Identification Numbers (PDF), The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)