Jump to navigation Jump to search
A type of NISA for Japan-resident children aged below 20, summarised below:
- Annual investment limit of ¥800,000.
- Cannot be transferred to other financial institutions (unlike other NISAs).
- The JNISA began in 2016 and will end in 2023.
- The investments can remain invested tax free until the child turns 18, even after 2023.
- No withdrawals in principle until 18… however, when the JNISA ends in 2023, funds will be transferred to a regular securities account, where withdraws are permitted.
Many thanks to the following RetireWiki.jp users for writing this article: